Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Dinner Confessions

I apologize now for taking so long to post. I actually thought maybe I will do away with the whole blog thing because what do I have to write about but the movie Julie and Julia made me realize there are all kinds of things I can write about. I just need to do it.

I'm sure your thinking get to the confession. Give us the good stuff. This Thanksgiving it's just two of us. Jessica and I are the only ones around without in-laws to visit and with no parents we are orphaned this Thanksgiving. We have had at least 15 invites but we decided that we wouldn't go anywhere unless both of us felt comfortable. Since we live in different wards/stakes this left very few places to go. I can say I wasn't too crushed because it would be nice to have a quit, relaxed holiday where there was minimal cooking, minimal dishes and a lot of nothing. Nothing sounds delightful when there is always something going on. Okay I'm finally getting to the confession. I/we have purchased three turkeys this Thanksgiving, plus I already have one in the freezer. Let me explain. I offered the one in the freezer to someone who would need it more than me a few weeks ago. I figured why would we want to cook such a big bird for two of us. We purchased bird number one last Friday. A little 6 pounder. On Monday I had a customer up and I was able to charm him into smoking the turkey for us. Turkey one was eaten for dinner tonight and it was delish. Tuesday night I went and purchased another small six pounder. I proudly thawed that bird today in preparations for tomorrow and guess what, there are no wings or legs on the little guy. It's all breast. My sister prefers the dark meat so we are refreezing the second little six pounder for either smoking when my dad is home or a big pot of soup. Whichever comes first. Tonight (Wednesday) at about 10:00 pm Jessica and I again returned to the store and paid big money for a larger bird that had all it's parts and is thawed so that it can be cooked tomorrow. Wowzer and to think I really don't even like turkey that much.

2 comments:

AmbertheGreat said...

Hahahaha that is funny, sounds yummy though I will never turn down good food. So what movie did you end up watching? did you do a marathon?

Becky, Matt And Colton said...

That is really funny!! I miss ya tons! How is life going?