Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Vacay Pics

Auckland -- This is the city my sister lives in. Her apartment is about a mile from this hill and a 10 minute drive to the harbor. My favorite places to go when at her house were the Chinese Market which had great produce at amazing prices and the bakery (1 block walk). Needless to say I gained 7 pounds due to the eclairs and crumbles. Yummy! I do have to say I ate a lot of fruit and vege's as well. This is the end of the growing season so we had watermelon, strawberries, the best coconut ice peaches, apples, pears etc. We also ate our share of fish and chips. It's the best when it's fresh from the Harbor. Can I say I enjoyed the food!!




Moeraki Boulders --





We got there during low tide and within 10 minutes of being out of the car it started to pour. These boulders are unlike any other. The compare them to how a pearl is made. They are not formed from the river and waves but are formed by an irritating shell, bone fragment or piece of wood creating a core and like a pearl it continues to forms up to 3 meters in size. These were amazing.

I will post more pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Cute hair! I hope you had so much fun. I promise it was more fun than moving furniture and painting dressers like we are doing here!

AmbertheGreat said...

I am so JEALOUS!!! your trip looks like so much fun, I can't wait to hear about the rest of it - did you get scuba certified? did you go snorkling? Tell more!!!