Saturday, March 14, 2009

More Pics

No pictures again. I took the pics in a high resolution because I am making a blurb book with them. The higher the quality the better the print so they don't download very well. I will try again later when I have faster internet.

To answer a few questions
No
*I didn't get scuba certified
*We didn't get to snorkl. I will attach a picture of the snorkl beach. There was no sand but large boulders. It was quite windy and the waves were really beating upon the boulders.
* We didn't skydive. The weather didn't cooperate very well. It rainy and windy all but two days and those were the days that we had to stick around town because my sister had to work.
*We didn't bunji jump. I wasn't going to bunji jump but they day the weather was nice and they were going to jump from the harbor bridge we had a leak in the radiator. This was caused by the large, ragged rocks they use for their road construction. The rocks have to be 1 - 1 1/2" and very ragged.

Yes
*We went to the polynesian spa. One of the worlds 10 best spas. It was delightful. You go about an hour before and soak in 1 of 4 hot tubs. Each time you move up hot tubs the water increases in temperature. I than had a mud/kiwi wrap and massage. There were great parts of this spa and some things lacked compared to other spas I've been to. I would go again because I'm becoming the spa type of girl.

*We got to visit a lot of interesting sites one of which is a hot water beach. Two hours before low tide you dig a hole in the sand and the water boils up creating a hot tub. The steam literally rises from the sand the water is so hot I couldn't sit in it for a long period of time.

*We went to hahei beach and rented a cabin just off-shore. The beach was beautiful and unpopulated. From here we went to catheridal cove. You can only get to the cove one of two ways either by hiking about an hour or kayaking. I would have loved to kayak it however I can't paddle a boat to save my life. This was the same day as the snorkling beach so the water was extra rough making it not worth the money to kayak. We did hike to the cove and enjoyed it's beauty.

This trip was well worth it and we will probably go back next year with a short visit to Fiji or another tropical paradise on the way home.

Keep looking for pics. I will update them when I have better access.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Lucky! It sounds like you had a lot of fun. Someday.....

Becky, Matt And Colton said...

How Fun!! I'm glad you had such a nice relaxing time!! The pictures are gorgeous, just like you!! Love ya!

AmbertheGreat said...

Wow, that is so awesome - can i come next year?